I am seriously dysfunctional when it comes to decorating, and dressing for that matter. If it isn't put together for me on the manequin, I don't know what to do. Now I have a beautiful new house, and I know it is not living up to its' potential. Help!

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Next Big Furniture Project????

Close Up of the Wine Slots
Close Up of the Bottom
Close Up of the Detailing on the Top-I love that part!
The hutch
So, my Nana moved to Virginia!!! and I inherited her hutch from her dining room. I remember it from my childhood and it is in great shape. It will provide some nice storage and allow me to display my china that has only been used three times, since it is stored really out of the way currently. I like it as is, but I am wondering if I should paint it or add some wallpaper to the back or do something to jazz it up and add some color to my dining room? I am hoping to paint the walls gray and then either do light pink or light yellow curtains.....The furniture in there is very traditional and I am going to try and add a more contemporary twist.......If anyone happens to look at this, what are your thoughts????

1 comment:

  1. I would paint it white or black, change out the hardware, and try the wallpaper on the back of the shelves. I've been wanting to try that! Are you going to mod podge it? It will be so cute!

    ReplyDelete