I am seriously dysfunctional when it comes to decorating, and dressing for that matter. If it isn't put together for me on the manequin, I don't know what to do. Now I have a beautiful new house, and I know it is not living up to its' potential. Help!

Friday 27 January 2012

I am so PROUD OF MYSELF!!!!!


Check these out!!!!!! I was inspired by some of the no-sew tutorials on Pinterest (where else?) this week, and with my husband away for five long single-parenting nights, I needed a little thing to "accomplish". I had hoped for this Ralph Lauren fabric that I saw at ufab months ago that would have complimented the green and navy perfectly, but unfortunately someone snabbed the whole roll! So I then was desperate to find some piece of fabric to work with, and found this fabric at Williams & Sherrill, which really is fabric crack headquarters. I saw so many ideas for the dining room too, but couldn't be late for preschool pick-up. Poor Rhys was DONE with fabric stores yesterday, but I think he agrees that the finished product was worth it! It really was quite easy and has gotten me thinking of other styles I could accomplish without learning to sew. I like how these almost look like cornices with the wraparound bar (thanks to the previous owners of the house) and the stiff material.

No comments:

Post a Comment