I am seriously dysfunctional when it comes to decorating, and dressing for that matter. If it isn't put together for me on the manequin, I don't know what to do. Now I have a beautiful new house, and I know it is not living up to its' potential. Help!

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Help! Can Richmond Thrifter and My Sleeping Beauty pull together my new house?

kitchen windows crying out for curtains or a valence....what style? fabric?
family room windows

family room rug, too expensive to replace so these are where my colors are coming from....thinking of pulling in the sage green, cranberry and coral.....thoughts?


bookcase close up-need to hide these cords!


the other side of the bookcases



So here are some shots of my family room. I also have some leather chairs and a ratty tan sofa that is too hideous to take a pic of right now. I have ordered a slipcover from PB that hopefully will work well in cream, and then want to make pillows and curtains to add some fabric to this joint.


I am seriously dysfunctional when it comes to making these bookshelves look put-together. Any thoughts on where to get some cute things? For cheap?


I am hoping to get our cabinets painted and bookshelves painted white. I am thinking of doing the back of the bookshelves a sage green.....Thank you Richmond Thrifter for the inspiration with your kitchen project!


What sort of fabrics and curtain styles would you suggest? My mom can sew and has now moved to Williamsburg, so I have a helper on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment